Thursday, January 1, 2009

New year, new blog

Well, two out of the three-ish people that I know who read my blog have told me to blog on, so here I am.

Today was the removing of Christmas decorations. I have what I call my "blue stuff" that needs to be put out, but that will get done another day. My blue stuff is snowmen, icicles, snowflakes, and the like. It helps to make the transition from Christmas when everything is decorated back to the normal house decor. Actually I think it helps me mentally because this time of year it is so stark, brown (if there is no snow) and cold. Having some nifty decorations around makes the place a little cozier.

Speaking of cozy, I think Jeff and I have that down pat in the evenings. :) I have candles scattered about the living room that I like to light just about every evening, our lamps in the living room are lower light, the furnace is on, and we have soft, fleece blankets to keep us warm. I think this feeling of enveloping warmth is important to both of us. We have a full work day packed with bright lights, loud voices, many people, and such that when we come home and can finally stop long enough to sit, however brief, before bed, it's, for a lack of better word, nice.

So, that's what I'm doing right now. A Sex and the City DVD is spinning in the player, I am relaxing in the recliner, playing around on the internet and looking through scrapbooking magazines and looking up other ideas for scrapbooking on the net (I need to get some stuff started again and want fresh ideas).

If the first day of the year is what you will do the rest of the year, then Jeff and I have cleaned and straightened up, made dinner together, he has played his bass, I have done my 'thing', and later maybe we'll be involved in an even more pleasurable activity. ;) If this is the rest of my year, bring it on!

No comments: