Saturday, July 19, 2008

"The Dark Knight" is a must see.

Just a quick little blog to tell everyone to go see The Dark Knight. What an awesome freakin' movie! It was a thrill ride from beginning to end. It is definitely the best Batman movie I've seen.

Heath Ledger's Joker might never be topped. He truly out-did Jack Nicholson, but, then again, it is very difficult to compare the two. Each Joker is nothing alike.

There were a few surprises and a few things I had figured out, but even while the violence wasn't "in-your-face" gross, it was implied, and it was awful to think about. The Joker's first magic "trick" was totally out of left field for me. It was a bit, um, shocking.

Anyway, I'm not going to give away anything, but if you can get out there and see it, go! We didn't watch the prequel to this movie and got along just fine. We want to watch Batman Begins when we get a chance, but I am so glad we went to see this one.

Go, go, GO!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so very difficult to compare the two Jokers, but then again, I don't think there's much of a comparison between the movies. "The Dark Knight" is by far a superior movie than Tim Burton's take on Batman.

The whole "keep your foot on the gas" feel of this movie was top notch. 150 minutes seemed like about an hour.

Lori Beth said...

I totally agree that it was one hell of a ride. That story I read prior to the movie that said, to paraphrase, that you won't be worrying about the gas prices, economy, or anything else during this movie is true. Can you say that your mind went anywhere else other than where the film demanded?

You are right...there is no way the two iconic Jokers can be compared. I stand by my statement that this is, though, the best Batman movie so far. H. Ledger's Joker was literally left hanging, and he should remain that way. No one could pick up where he left off.

lloydduvalljr said...

Hey...

I'll post a comment about the film and prior comments here, too...

This movie DID demand attention... The movie is a foot-on-the-gas, edge of your seat thrill-ride... The best and most enticing movie and role (the Joker, of course) I've seen in quite a long time...

I don't think the franchise is done, though... I don't think the Joker is done... While it will be difficult (VERY difficult, but I never say never) for the Joker to come back without Mr. Ledger, something tells me (and this isn't some insider comic book geek bit of secret information) that he'll be back... I mean, c'mon... He's left hanging at the edge of a building? I don't know...

I've got some ideas on who they could get to give the Joker a whirl... Message me somewhere if you guys are interested in hearing...

Anonymous said...

You're right, LD. The end definitely made you feel like Nolan was leaving the door open to make the Joker an on-going nemesis to Batman like he is in the comic books (assuming Nolan continues the Batman series in film - I've not heard anything on that).

Unfortunately, I don't think the Joker is done in the movies either. The only way I think they could make it work would be to "remake" the character like they did with this movie. Someone will just get laughed it if they try to mimic the Ledger version.

Now I'm curious, who do you think is next in line?