Monday, July 7, 2008

The new mummy movie...

...okay, up until a few weeks ago, I wasn't aware there was another mummy movie coming to theaters. Usually this would be great news for me because I loved the first two (even though The Rock's movie was 'related' to the mummy movies, I don't associate it with them). I just watched the trailer for the movie, and I'm not yet sold on it.

First of all Evie is no longer played by the same actress. Why didn't they just write out her character and write in another? There have been two other movies with the same actress, so it is going to be a stretch of the willing suspension of disbelief for me (never mind the fact that the movie itself is an extreme stretch of willing suspension of disbelief) to ignore the fact that the leading actresses have been switched.

At least they brought back Jonathan...he is my favorite character. I didn't see him much in the trailer but the trailer was focused more on Brendan and Jet and the hordes of evil doers that must be conquered.

Also, there is something else I noticed. This is a third movie in a series. Is it becoming a new rule that the third movies must somehow involve snow? The third pirates movie took the crew through icy temperatures, and the trailer of this movie shows a great deal of snow and ice. I must not be pleased with a severe change in scenery in trilogy movies. I don't remember, but did the third Lord of the Rings movie take the characters through the cold? I will have to do some research on that one, but I'm sure some of you could tell me... (Honestly, the climate changed so many times through the Lord of the Rings trilogy that there could have been cold temps throughout all of them and I just don't remember.)

Anyway, check out the trailer and let me know if you think this movie will compliment or insult the previous two movies.

Link: http://www.themummy.com/

No comments: